Re: [[gtkmm] Destroying container problem]

>It sounds exacly like my problems with app's GUI when I used g++-2.95 to
>compile it. It crashed from time to time, sometimes it was enough to
>change order of members in a class, sometimes I had to use pointers
>instead of member objects and finally I changed compiler to g++-3.1 and
>all problems disappeared. Daniel promised to check this but I suppose he
>has no time for that. Please check your code with 3.1. If it solves your
>problems it will be a confirmation of problems that I reported some time
>ago and it will mean big troubles for Gtkmm maintainers.
>If don't have g++3.1 send me your crashing code (but please make it as
>small as possible) and I'll test it with 3.1.
>
>When I was searching for the bug it was enough to remove one widget and
>the problem disappeared. I'm affraid you won't find that bug if it is
>the same problem that I faced.

i have 12K+ lines of gtkmm code for my app, compiled with gcc 2.95,
using almost every widget in the toolkit. i have never observed this
problem.

everything that both you and the original poster have reported says to
me: "pointer walk" (aka "memory overrun")

--p