Re: [GtkGLExt] gtkglext-1.0.6 not yet updated to work with gtk+-2.8.x

Hi everyone, I been lurking this mailing list for years now. Yep, another lurker.

I started years ago using gtkglextmm to do some tiny OpenGL projects with intention to go onto a larger project. Well at the time gtkglextmm has worked well. I did not feel like writing an entire render engine, thus ended up going else where only to stop off at OpenScenegraph (OSG) http://www.openscenegraph.org/ for a OpenGL renderer of high quality. Recently I decided to embed OSG into a GTK+ window to keep everything nice and neat. Remembering this wonder library gtkglextmm, I started working on a widget for OSG based on gtkglextmm. Only to get catch out by the pango bug like the rest of you people.

After reading the Ridley Project and the Bugzilla comments. I say I really would like to see gtkglext be included into GTK+ when Gnome goes to version 3.0. I only used gtkglextmm in my tiny projects, thus don't have any knowledge of the internals, especially down to the GDK layer. But needing to integrate OSG into GTK+ C++ widgets, I starting to look a little deeper and the C functions and structs are daunting to look at for me. So I may be of help, but very limited way, rather sticking to C++ components and not C. I do not want to see this project fail and not get into GTK+ for Gnome 3.0

But first thing we need to do is to get CVS write access, patch up to current status, created new release tarballs, then begin work at getting gtkglext into gtk+

Rizzen