Re: [GtkGLExt] gtkglextmm and gtkmm-2.4

Hi Lakin,

I noticed that configure picks up your platform as i686-pc-cygwin and
that subsequently it detects cygwin is not a truly native Win32
platform (line 688 and 689 in configure.log). I would suggest
explicitly specifying to 'configure'  that your build platform is
i386-pc-mingw32. Try the following commands from the README.win32 file
that comes with gtkglextmm source distribution

/"""
Building gtkglextmm on Win32
=======================

Please make sure that GTK and gtkmm for Win32 are successfully installed
and Win32-native (non-Cygwin) pkg-config.exe works with appropriate
PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

Personally I run configure like this:

  (GTK is installed in C:\gtk)
  $ export PATH=/cygdrive/c/gtk/bin:$PATH
  $ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="c:/gtk/lib/pkgconfig"

  (gtkmm is installed in C:\gtkmm)
  $ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="${PKG_CONFIG_PATH};c:/gtkmm/lib/pkgconfig"

  (GtkGLExt is installed in C:\gtkglext)
  $ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="${PKG_CONFIG_PATH};c:/gtkglext/lib/pkgconfig"

  (MinGW is installed in C:\mingw)
  $ export PATH=/cygdrive/c/mingw/bin:$PATH

  $ env CXX='g++ -march=pentium' \
        AR=/usr/bin/ar \
        ./configure --prefix=c:/gtkglextmm \
                    --build=i386-pc-mingw32 \
                    --disable-static
  $ make
  $ make install
  $ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="${PKG_CONFIG_PATH};c:/gtkglextmm/lib/pkgconfig"
  $ cd examples
  $ make -f Makefile.mingw

Notice that you should use not MinGW's ar but Cygwin's ar under Cygwin
environment.
"""/

If you already have the PATH properly configured for gtk, gtkmm,
gtkglext and mingw then don't worry about the 'export' commands. Just
try running configure in the above manner. Let me know what happens.
Cheers.

Alif.

"Heaven is the peaceful place on earth...New Zealand."
     -- Alif Wahid.