Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] [Q] gvncviewer with gthread

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 10:16:44PM -0300, Jonh Wendell wrote:
Em Seg, 2008-02-04 às 21:52 -0600, Anthony Liguori escreveu:
Hi Atsushi,

Atsushi SAKAI wrote:
Hi, Anthony

I have a question about Authenication window in sample program gvncviewer with gthread.

If I select --with-coroutine=ucontext,
Authenication window appeared.

But If I select --with-coroutine=gthread,
Authenication window appeared but just white blank.

Is there any reason exists?
It looks like it's an issue with gtk_dialog_run(). This function enters a recursive main loop which is a generally unsafe thing to do in gtk. It's unfortunately really that it does this.

Can't it be solved by dropping gtk_dialog_run() call, and replace it
with something like this:

Yes, but the point is that applications shouldn't have to worry about
the fact that GTK-VNC uses threads internally - we explicitly used
coroutines so apps wouldn't have this complication. They should be able
to use any GTK calls they like with GTK-VNC. So we have todo a better
job of hiding the fact that we use threads by emitting signals from the
main thread.

Which really means we should emit signals from the system coroutine. This should be pretty easy to do, I'll see what I can hack up.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Regards,
Dan.