Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] [Q] gvncviewer with gthread

Em Seg, 2008-02-04 às 21:52 -0600, Anthony Liguori escreveu:
> Hi Atsushi,
>
> Atsushi SAKAI wrote:
> > Hi, Anthony
> >
> > I have a question about Authenication window
> > in sample program gvncviewer with gthread.
> >
> > If I select --with-coroutine=ucontext,
> > Authenication window appeared.
> >
> > But If I select --with-coroutine=gthread,
> > Authenication window appeared but just white blank.
> >
> > Is there any reason exists?
> >

> It looks like it's an issue with gtk_dialog_run().  This function enters
> a recursive main loop which is a generally unsafe thing to do in gtk.
> It's unfortunately really that it does this.

Can't it be solved by dropping gtk_dialog_run() call, and replace it
with something like this:

  GtkWidget *d;

  d = gtk_message_dialog_new (parent,
			      GTK_DIALOG_MODAL | GTK_DIALOG_DESTROY_WITH_PARENT,
			      GTK_MESSAGE_ERROR,
			      GTK_BUTTONS_CLOSE,
			      message);

  g_signal_connect_swapped (d,