using Gstreamer with Gtk+

hello all, this question probably shows my ignorance of Glib and GTK more than anything else, but I have been trying to figure out how to catch keyboard and mouse events from a simple GStreamer window. escencially i only got as far as using the example code provided with GStreamer for perl and making it play a video. I couldn't even figure out how to handle destroy events correctly as the example uses Glib instead of GTK. any example code would be greatly appreciated.