RE: Gtk2::TreeModel - foreach

-----Original Message-----
From: gtk-perl-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:gtk-perl-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Zettai Muri
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:56 PM
To: Martin Schlemmer; gtk-perl-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Gtk2::TreeModel - foreach

Not exactly sure what you want, but attached is an example for a
Gtk2::ListStore's foreach.

Where does the $user_data (scalar) part of the method come into play?
Is it possible to get an extended example that shows how this is used?

$model->foreach(
   sub {
       my($model,$path,$iter) = @_;
       my($item)              = $model->get($iter, 0);

       print "$item\n";

       # return TRUE to end
       return FALSE;
   }, $user_data <----------------------- ???
);

Is this data within the ListStore or some other data passed to the method?  How does the method act on this
data?

Again thanks for the help.

If you supply $user_data - then you it will be passed in as the last argument to the ForEach function.

$model->foreach(
    sub {
        my($model,$path,$iter,$user_data <-------------) = @_;
        my($item)              = $model->get($iter, 0);

        print "$item\n";

        # return TRUE to end
        return FALSE;
    }, $user_data <----------------------- ???
);

Here is an example that searches for a name in model:

sub search {
        my($model,$path,$iter,$search_string) = @_;
      my($item) = $model->get($iter, 0);

        if ($item =~ /$search_string/) {