Re: Is there anyone out there?
- From: Grant McLean <grant mclean net nz>
- To: gtk-perl-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Is there anyone out there?
- Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 09:12:48 +1200
On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 14:39 +0200, Cowley Harris wrote:
A few things,
1) Is this project still going? Doesn't seem to be much (any) emails
coming through on the mailing list.
That strikes me as a rather odd observation. A quick look at the
mailing list archives ( http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/ )
shows a steady stream of messages every month.
Not only is there steady traffic, there are questions being asked and
answered by a healthy mix of new-comers and old-hands. I've long held
this mailing list to be an excellent example of an open source community
in action. There are a few key people who really set the tone nicely.
I'm migrating from Perl-Tk because it seems like a dying project. If
this project is in a similar state could somebody please turn off the
lights so others like myself don't end up wasting time working through
A couple of resources that you might find useful include:
* the examples directory in the Perl-Gtk2 distribution
* the Gtk2-Perl Study Guide
] [Thread Prev