Re: About Treeview update with thread

2009/5/13 Emmanuel Rodriguez <emmanuel rodriguez gmail com>:
From what I understood perl has a lot of troubles with threads and objects
(blessed references). I recall when threads where first available in Perl
that sharing blessed references will loose the blessing. The data is passed
intact to the other thread but the blessing is lost, this makes calling
methods on objects useless. I'm not sure if this is the issue with your
program but your should keep it in mind.

I have been using the module "forks" for a while now with success -
the threads API, but using fork(), and therefore by definition
everything is thread-safe.

Regards

Jeff