Re: install problem: undefined symbol: gtk_binding_entry_skip

Thanks, the patch seems to have worked. For posterity I'll mention I am using Centos 5.2

On May 5, 2009, at 1:12 AM, Emmanuel Rodriguez wrote:

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 10:58 PM, Daemmon Hughes <dhughes bear-code com> wrote:
Hello,
I am having trouble installing Gtk2 and hoping this is the correct place to find help.

A snipped version of my install output which may or may not contain useful info:
[ XS xs/GtkBindings.xs ]
[ CC xs/GtkBindings.c ]
GtkBindings.xs: In function ‘XS_Gtk2__BindingSet_entry_skip’:
GtkBindings.xs:386: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘gtk_binding_entry_skip’
This usually happens when an old version of gtk2 (the C library) is installed. Your version of gtk2 doesn't have the function gtk_binding_entry_skip. Normally this is not a problem as the Perl bindings try to be backward compatible, but in this particular case this very function escaped the maintainers vigilance and you are paying the consequences.

Can anyone help?
Try applying the patch that I've attached to this mail. Save the attachement to the to the main folder (where the Makefile.PL file is) and go inside the folder. Once there run "patch -p0 < GtkBindings-2.12.patch".

If the patch doesn't work simply edit the file xs/GtkBindings.xs and replace:

void
gtk_binding_entry_skip (binding_set, keyval, modifiers)
    GtkBindingSet *binding_set
    guint keyval
    GdkModifierType modifiers
    ALIAS:
    entry_remove = 1
    CODE:
    if (ix == 0)
        gtk_binding_entry_skip (binding_set, keyval, modifiers);
    else
        gtk_binding_entry_remove (binding_set, keyval, modifiers);

by:

gtk_binding_entry_remove (binding_set, keyval, modifiers)
    GtkBindingSet *binding_set
    guint keyval
    GdkModifierType modifiers

This should be enough for your system. It's hackish but it should let you compile the module.

PS: Can someone review my patch and apply it upstream?

--
Emmanuel Rodriguez
<GtkBindings-2.12.patch>