Gtk2 on OSX Tiger via CPAN Failing Many Tests

Hi All

I'm trying to install gtk2 from CPAN so I can run Zim on my OSX Tiger desktop.

Install instructions are here - http://zim-wiki.org/Install/OS_X.html

Everything looked fine until I tried to install Gtk2.  I'm getting
"Failed 17/217 test scripts. 350/4714 subtests failed."

I'm not sure where to go next.  The build output is pretty extensive,
I figured I'd ask before I spammed the list with all that...

Suggestions please,

Brian
--
All you need to know about Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty -> gconftool -s --type
bool /apps/update-notifier/auto_launch false