gtk2 install issues

I'm new to gtk2 and tried to install it on my Mac (it has got Tiger OSX10.4). My perl is on 5.8.9. I have used Darwin ports to install gtk2 using the following command; "sudo port install gtk2". The install is without issues but when I go for the little HelloWorld.pl it strands on not being able to find Gtk2.pm in @INC. I searched / as root for Gtk2.pm without a hit.

Anyone got any idea here what I'm facing. It kind of looks like the install was incomplete. But what to do next? I also gone through the obvious "sudo port uninstall gtk2" followed by another attempt of "sudo port install gtk2" ... but without any luck. ... anyone out there who can help?

T.