Re: GError location filename as wide chars

Quentin Sculo <squentin free fr> writes:

I haven't tested the functions that use a uri, they can probably be used
to work around these encoding bugs.

Sounds likely, I didn't really try that (though I thought I saw some
escaped %XX utf8 where I might have hoped for escaped latin1 ...)

get_preview_filename : doesn't work

Yes, that one's bad for me too

    *** unhandled exception in callback:
    ***   Invalid byte sequence in conversion input

I guess it returns bytes, but gperl_sv_from_filename() doesn't like
them.  Should they be left alone, as a plain "char*" return?

more details about the crashes

Just the conversion error "Invalid byte sequence" as above, or worse?