Re: GStreamer position querying

Torsten,

Thanks for your quick help. Sorry for not checking the tarball for examples. It hadn't occured to me. I'll look there first next time.

I tried the example, and it worked. This prompted me to refactor my code a bit, and in doing so, found an error which, when fixed, seemed to fix the problem.

I was using a Glib::Timeout (in a Gtk main loop) to call the subroutine that was doing the querying, and forgot to return TRUE. I didn't catch it because the Timeout wasn't removed after the first iteration failed to return TRUE, which is supposed to be the behavior of Timeout. I'm still puzzled why the Timeout didn't get removed.

Thanks for your help, and for your work on the bindings.

Chris