Re: [Fwd: Client Services crash logs]

Thanks for the quick response :)

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 01:28 -0400, muppet wrote:

called by a theme engine from an expose handler.

Hmmm. Yeah we're using the aurora theme engine. It looks good, but if I
were going to point the finger at something, it would probably be that.
Damn.

But, since it's heap corruption, the actual location of the crash
isn't really all that relevant.  This is where glibc stumbled across
the broken heap structures, not when the problem actually occurred.
Your first warning signs are the perl messages, first from SQLite

ïSQLite *always* does that. I haven't bothered checking to see why yet.

 and then from your app.  Clearly, there's an uninitialized value in
 use, and depending on what all that code does, that can result in
 strange  things happening.

The one from my app is an error passed on from the DB server via
Gtk2::Ex::DBI. Someone tried to apply a record without filling in a
value that was required. Happens all the time ...

I'll switch to a more moderate theme and see if it keep happening.
Thanks again.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer