child watch source (was: exception trap in key snooper callback)

Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> writes:

The docs say that on win32, GPid is typedef'd to some kind of process handle,
i.e. a pointer.

Inflicting the incapacities of non-free on the free software world :-(

So I think the cast to int is not correct, at least on some
architectures.

Without the g_spawn funcs the int is all is for now, I believe.  Ints of
course will, with a little luck, inter-operate with native forking, and
at least a couple of the job-starting modules on cpan.

Also, can you write a unit test for this?

Below, with a couple of lines to hopefully skip if fork() isn't a real
fork, but I've got no way to try that.