of the difficulty of running gtk-perl applications on windows

FYI From reddit:

Someone:
I'd love to run it on Windows at work, in Cygwin. Anyone know how I can get it
to run? Anyone tried it yet?

jplindstrom:

The gtk+ libs were phenomenally difficult to get installed on Windows.
Seriously, with Strawberry Perl I've become accustomed to it being Linux-easy
to install pretty much anything off CPAN on Windows, but this one was just...

In the end I went with camelbox, and then there were loads of deps since it
was a clean Perl install.

As for Asciio, there's a single developer release on CPAN. It's something like
alpha atm I would guess.

If I were you, I would wait a few releases and wait for someone to build you a
binary.

Someone else:
I'm a little confused as to why gtk+ support in Windows is so bad. It isn't a
bad API, but it is effectively undeployable (in a commercially viable sense)
on Windows.

At the Oslo hackathon, Adam show interrest in making gtk mainstream in
Strawberry Perl if he would get support from the gtk-perl team.

Cheers, Nadim

PS: I'd really, really, really appreciate if someone running windows could
make an AsciiO exe with PAR.