ATK (was: Re: GtkImageView)

On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 16:01 +0100, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:

What would we gain by wrapping ATK?

ATK is the accessibility toolkit, so I *think* wrapping it would enable
us to implement, in Perl, custom widgets that are accessible.  That
presumably means those widgets could then be usable by blind people via
a screen reader, for example.  If you simply build new aggregate widgets
that comprise of existing GTK+ widgets, accessibility is already taken
care of I think.  It's important for completely new things which are
drawn from Perl code.

--
Bye,
-Torsten