Re: [OT] Perl question

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 12:13:12PM +0300, Ari Jolma wrote:
David kirjoitti:
Sorry for this OT question, but I know the folks here are quite capable
of answering this - as well or more so on a specific Perl list.

<snip> ... my asking if it was advisable/safe to repeatedly
install/uninstall
</snip>

As long as you are messing up your own namespace there's no danger.
Uninstall is not necessary maybe even unadvisable, and I think make
uninstall warns about itself.

Thanks for the informative reply.  After posting the message, and seeing
your reply, I did what I should have done in the first place.. read the
docs, studied the Makefile and some of the modules.

Yes, in fact, make uninstall calls ExtUtils::Command::MM, which simply
does a dry-run of the uninstall and tells you nothing was done...

I guess my .packlist or what it is is probably very long now, since I
tend to install for tests. I never uninstall anything and I've had no
problems or almost never had to manually fix something in installation
directories.

Thanks for that note.  I suppose that Perl itself doesn't use .packlist,
but it's a list provided for uninstall..

I will give it a try and see what happens.

Thanks again.