Re: Patch for Gtk2::Ex::Dialogs (for win32)

On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 00:02 -0500, ofey aikon wrote:
Gtk2::Ex::Dialogs doesn't work on win32 due to dependency on Gnome2::VFS

*sigh* I know. It sucks, or rather I suck for coding the Gnome2
dependency in a Gtk2::Ex module that really doesn't need it.

The attached patch should (hopefully) solve that problem.

That it does though I was planning to remove all the Gnome2::VFS stuff
altogether and instead use (and depend upon) File::Type to determine the
file's MIME type (which I believe is platform independent).

If the owner is still around, please let me know if this works for you.

I am still around just dealing with way too much work to even dream of
what it's like to have "free time".

I do plan on maintaining my modules however at this time I'm unable to
do so efficiently. Anyone up for co-maintenance of
Gtk2::Ex::{Dialogs,Utils,Constants}?

If you can find the time to create a patch that bumps the version,
removes the Gnome2::VFS stuff and uses File::Type instead I would be
very pleased.

If you have commit rights to the gtk2-ex CVS on sourceforge I'd say go
for it and commit (after posting the patch on the list and getting at
least some initial feedback from anyone).

Given all that I'd force myself to find the time to make a new package
and upload to CPAN.

If however, you don't have the time or inclination to do the File::Type
stuff but do have CVS commit rights, go ahead and commit your (revised)
patch and at least it'll be somewhere semi-useful other than this
mailing list.

I seriously do apologize for not being able to maintain this stuff.

--
Kevin C. Krinke <kckrinke opendoorsoftware com>
Open Door Software Inc.