help needed with viewports and scrolledwindows

hi there,

I want to be able to have some text scroll across a screen. This would
be just like a scrolled window except the hadjustment change is
triggered not by user input but by a timer - this is the theory except
I cannot get it to work. When I do a set_value to a scrolledwindow
nothing happens. It does however work of a vscale

$window->set_default_size(100,50);
$vbox = Gtk2::VBox->new(0,0);
$ha1= Gtk2::Adjustment->new(1.01, 0.0, 100.01, 0.1, 1.0, 1.0);
$ha1->set_value('29');

my $scwin = Gtk2::ScrolledWindow->new();
$scwin->set_hadjustment($ha1);
my $label = Gtk2::Label->new("hello there this line should not fit");
$scwin->add_with_viewport($label);
$vbox->pack_start($scwin, 0, 0,0);
$window->add($vbox);

http://farechase.yahoo.com