Re: Programmatically popup a tooltip

ofey aikon said:

my $TOOLTIP = Gtk2::Window->new('toplevel');
2. Since this is another window altogether, it'll show up on my win32
taskbar (I guess same for other OS too). That's ugly for such an
insignificant tooltip popup window :)

From the C API reference:

"In GTK+, GTK_WINDOW_POPUP means a pop-up menu or pop-up tooltip. On X11,
popup windows are not controlled by the window manager."

Of course, that means you have to position the window manually, which helps
work around your other gripe, that you didn't like the position so much.  ;-)

$TOOLTIP->set_type_hint('GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_DOCK'); # I don't if
this is the best hint

Since GTK_WINDOW_POPUP windows aren't managed by the window manager, you don't
have to worry about the type hint.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>