UI for scheduling events (appointments)

One of the apps that I am writing requires a UI to specify a recurring
set of 'events' (events in the calendar sense). Like a meeting
appointment for example, on all mondays and thursdays for the next 3
months. Kinda like Evolution/Outlook meeting schedule.

Ripping anything from Evolution may be too heavy weight for me. So I
am thinking of writing a gtk2-perl widget to meet this need. I googled
around a bit and finally decided to choose Flavio's
DateTime::Event::ICal as the backend spec. So my aim is now to write a
UI for the DateTime::Event::ICal module.

Since there is quite a bit of UI design involved, I am considering
using glade and Gtk2::GladeXML. But I am wondering what is a clean
approach to package the xml file in the module. For example, if I want
to generate a cpan dist, is it normal to package a glade xml file
along ? Or would you recommend writing widget packing perl code
instead of gladexml ?

Here is a sample (hollow) screenshot from my widget
http://www.flickr.com/photos/79698390 N00/6709345/

I am considering the name Gtk2::Ex::ICal for this module.

Design suggestions / naming suggestions are welcome. If there is prior
art that I could use, that'll be great too.

Ofey.