non-resizable window wants to resize to be a square

Can other people verify this oddity for me? I would like to create a Gtk2 window that is not resizable, but is larger horizontally than vertically (such as a 640x480 window). Here's a simple example:

  #!/usr/bin/perl
  use Gtk2 -init;
  $window = Gtk2::Window->new;
  $window->set_size_request(200, 100);
  $window->set_resizable(0);
  $window->add(Gtk2::Label->new("Square?"));
  $window->show_all;
  Gtk2->main;

For some reason, the window allows itself to be resized vertically so it can be 200x200. Can other people verify that this happens? I'm on Windows, but non-Windows verification would make me happier.

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan         %  How can we ever be the sold short or
RPI Acacia Brother #734     %  the cheated, we who for every service