Re: MS windows setup problem?

On Feb 22, 2005, at 10:36 PM, ray barker direcway com wrote:

The procedure entry point g_type_default_interface_unref could not be located in the dynamic link library libgobject-2.0-0.dll.

The only occurrence of g_type_default_interface_unref() in all of gtk2-perl is in the binding for g_object_list_properties(), in GObject.xs, compiled in iff compiling against glib >= 2.4.0.

Possible causes for a missing symbol ref here:

1) The Glib module was compiled against >=2.4.x, but is running against <2.4.0. Note that this is for libgobject, not gtk+. 2) libgobject is the right version, but the particular symbol isn't exported from the DLL (basically, a buggy .def file)

Since you said you're using gtk-win32-2.4.14, it's rather unlikely that it's 1), unless your glade install overwrote something.

If the answer is 2), then try upgrading to gtk+ 2.6... maybe the symbol issue is resolved there.

Failing those, i have no clue.

This is a brand new error for me and coincides with installing Glade (though I could have done something stupid to cause it!).

Welcome to DLL Hell.

Sorry if this is the 9000th time this has been asked here, but I really did search the archives.

You're safe -- i don't think we've heard of this one before.  :-)

--
Examples really shouldn't include unexploded ordnance.
  -- Joe Smith, referring to an example program i wrote.