Re: Gtk2-Extras

On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 11:13, Kevin C. Krinke wrote:
On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 10:40, Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:

a) One package for Gtk2::Ex::*
b) One package for Gtk2::Ex::* and another for Gtk2::Ex::Simple::*
c) A package for each Gtk2::Ex::* and one bundle Bundle::Gtk2::Ex
d) Give in to the anarchy and let everyone decide for themselves how
     they package their stuff but at least agree on name spaces
e) <insert yet another complicated flying monkey wrench here/>

I choose d.  I don't have a problem with e.g. sharing the
Gtk2::Ex::Simple namespace with others, I think first-come first-serve
is reasonable, and I don't think anyone has objected to
Gtk2::Ex[::Simple].  I also like the idea of the bundle.

That gives you the freedom to bundle your dialog stuff as you think is
logical.  I don't see a benefit in bundling every damn thing
separately.  If there are mutual dependencies, keep them in the same
tarball.

That still doesn't preclude people from submitting classes for inclusion
in already-existing tarballs.

Regards,
Carl