Re: Gtk2-Extras

On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 14:34:10 -0400, Kevin C. Krinke wrote:
On Sat, 2004-09-18 at 07:28, Jan Hudec wrote:
On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 20:32:50 -0400, Carl Nygard wrote:
I have a simplified OptionMenu much in the spirit of the SimpleList
already existing.  Right now it's living in an unreleased state as
Gtk2::Ex::Simple::OptionMenu.

Sounds like the right name to me.

That is, I am not exactly sure how your package works, but i'd suggest
naming like this:

Gtk2::Ex::Simple::* if it is a more perlisth interface to an existing
widget and @ISA that widget.

Gtk2::Ex::* if it is something else. Eg. a composed widget or non-OO
stuff etc...

Following that theme, this seems to make sense to me:

Gtk2::Ex::Constants
Gtk2::Ex::Simple::Dialogs    (was Gtk2::Extras)
Gtk2::Ex::Simple::ErrorMsg
Gtk2::Ex::Simple::Message
Gtk2::Ex::Simple::Question
Gtk2::Ex::Utils

Which sounds good, but what about the entire package name or should each
of these modules be separate releases?

That's probably my biggest problem, what to call the whole thing or do I
chop it up into pieces...

I would keep it separate.

Unless someone is willing to create a single official package of
everything anyone writes under Gtk2::Ex::* -- that would then naturaly
be called Gtk2::Ex. Such package would be nice, because it would have
higher chance to make it into distributions.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>