Re: [RFC] Glib::filename_(to|from)_unicode => Glib->filename_(to|from)_unicode?

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 05:58:33PM +0100, Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch web de> wrote:
I fail to understand why "->" is more awkward to type than "::".

If everything in a certain module used one syntax and only two methods
used another one, *that* would be awkward!

And one flaw I forgot to point out is that your assumptions for that
argument are wrong: these _are_ no methods, which is the whole point.

I.e., I totally agree to your argument, methods _should_ be represented as
methods, but unfortunately it is completely off-topic to this discussion,
as no methods are involved.

If you think they are methods, then ask yourself what the objects are on
which these methods work. As recently bastardized, they work in the Glib
class object, which makes pretty little sense.