Re: using popup dialog boxes with perl gladexml

On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 19:09, muppet wrote:
Dan Lyke said:
Some quick test code shows me that if you do

    my $dialog = $gladexml->get_widget('fileselectionSaveAs');
    $dialog->show();
    $dialog->run();
    $dialog->destroy();

You cannot then do it again. That widget is gone.

this is a big PITA for GnomeAboutDialogs, because they auto-destroy
themselves; thus they are single-use only from glade.  i recall discussing
this last year.

In gtkmm, we disable all that auto-destroy stuff, because we don't want
GTK+ doing C-specific memory management.

This is possible because we actually instantiate derived GTypes, with
custom vfunc implementations, even with libglade.

--
Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com