Re: using popup dialog boxes with perl gladexml

Dan Lyke said:
Jan Hudec writes:
Except that now you parse the whole xml file twice.

Yeah, but...

Some quick test code shows me that if you do

    my $dialog = $gladexml->get_widget('fileselectionSaveAs');
    $dialog->show();
    $dialog->run();
    $dialog->destroy();

You cannot then do it again. That widget is gone.

If $gladexml->get_widget() gave me a new instance of the widget that'd
be great, I could do one parse and one

    $gladexml->signal_autoconnect_from_package(...);

And life would be groovy. So the only time you can use the invisible
trick is for something like a startup dialog, otherwise you've got to
parse again.

Or am I mistaken?

i would of thought this would work, but it seems to crash window maker on my
box, that's probably not good.

#!/usr/bin/perl

use Gtk2 '-init';

my $dialog = Gtk2::Dialog->new ('Hello', undef, [], 'gtk-ok' => 'none');

$dialog->run;
$dialog->hide;
# after some time etc.
$dialog->run;