beta 0.94 released

it's on sourceforge.  it's been a hectic day, so i haven't gotten the
announcement onto the homepage yet.

ExtUtils::Depends 0.103 adds the debian package patch from James Curbo,
otherwise no changes; upgrade only if you need the packaging files.

Glib and Gtk2 0.94 are the next ones in the beta cycle.  the changes are
mostly documentation fixes and increasingly esoteric missing functions.  a
patch submitted this morning adds splice support to Gtk2::SimpleList.  an
under-the-hood change in Glib will break any xs code that directly calls
gperl_closure_new(), but this doesn't include anything in the gtk2-perl-xs
respository.

i've also included a patch that takes you from Gtk2 0.94 to something that
should compile and run on windows.  most of the setup notes from my original
windows howto apply, including the need to move the *obj files to the xs
subdir manually.  fixes for that are welcome.  ;-)

GladeXML 0.90 should be on sourceforge by the time you read this.  please give
it a whirl.

as mentioned in the latest release plan, we expect to hit 1.0 within a month,
but we please don't hold out until then --- we need bug reports in order to
get to 1.0!

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>