Re: gnome_app_create_menu hack

last message for the whole weekend, i promise.

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 18:00, Chas Owens wrote:
The mnemonic's work, I must be on drugs.

muppet and i were discussing a few days ago whether the new functions:

Gtk::Button->new("this is a label");

should use new_with_label or new_with_mnemonic. both muppet and myself
are somewhere in the middle on this we just require that whatever is
decided is uniform throughout the module. of course code wise it makes
no difference.

99 times out of a 100 it should make no difference, b/c not many people
who just want to use it as a label will put _ in the labels and then
people who want to use it as a mnemonic can go ahead and put the _. the
question is if mnemonic is the default then will people be able to
figure out what happened without thinking to much if they did put a _ in
the label and didn't get what they expect.

discussion, with logic and reasons desired...

-rm