new gtk2-perl

As I mentioned last week or so[1], the non-perlish handling of GObject
versus GtkObject references and GBoxed lifetimes and all that stuff
really grated on my nerves, and I wanted to take a week or so to play
around with ideas for handling it better.

Well, I have something to show you now. It's essentially a complete
rewrite. First I'll explain the philosophy behind the new stuff, and
then get into why I decided to go this way and why i think we should
move the gtk2-perl project to this new architecture and code base.

Please understand i do not mean this to be an inflammatory proposal, and
i certainly don't want to anger or hurt anyone. I see this as a proposal
for taking gtk2-perl to the next plateau in ways that are just not
practical in the current architecture.

read the rest, and get the code, at
http://asofyet.org/muppet/software/gtk2-perl/new-gtk2-perl.html

[1]