compile error under Radhat 8.0

I am compiling this gtk-perl under Radhat 8.0. It errors out for some reason I assume it cannot find directory xs and build?

gcc: xs/GtkGammaCurve.o: No such file or directory
gcc: xs/GtkProgress.o: No such file or directory
gcc: xs/GtkListItem.o: No such file or directory
gcc: xs/GtkButton.o: No such file or directory
gcc: xs/GtkMisc.o: No such file or directory
gcc: xs/GtkSpinButton.o: No such file or directory
gcc: xs/GtkHSeparator.o: No such file or directory
gcc: xs/GtkRadioMenuItem.o: No such file or directory
gcc: xs/GtkEditable.o: No such file or directory
gcc: xs/GtkInvisible.o: No such file or directory
gcc: xs/GtkWidget.o: No such file or directory
gcc: build/PerlGtkExt.o: No such file or directory
gcc: build/GtkDefs.o: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [../blib/arch/auto/Gtk/Gtk.so] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/russo/Gtk-Perl-0.7008/Gtk'
make: *** [subdirs] Error 2