Re: gtk2-perl / releasing a first public beta

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 11:01:41AM +0100, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

Well, in my mind, the aim of a first beta release (call it alpha
if you feel more comfortable with ;p) was to attract some users
so that we may take better decisions for the continuation of the
project - which is pretty different from freezing an interface
for an 1.0 release.

I think the most important thing is to upload it to
CPAN to make the perl community aware of it. Should
be enough to get the ball rolling.

gtk2-perl is still missing a lot of functionality.
In my mind a beta means: "it is release ready but their might
be bug left in there". I don't think we are there yet.

I will prepare a release, as soon as time permits,
and upload it to CPAN. A release note should also
be sent to "use perl" and "gnome weekly news" and
maybe others.

Let see what will happen after that.

/göran