Re: Gtk-Perl on cygwin?

On 11/18/01 Michael Graham wrote:
I tried this with Gtk-Perl:

  $ cd Gtk
  $ perl Makefile.PL
  $ make
  $ dlltool --def libGtk.def --output-lib libGtk.dll.a
  $ cd ../GdkImlib
  $ perl Makefile.PL

  ### Now, to link in libGtk.dll.a, add the following
  ### to the GdkImlib Makefile:
    OTHERLDFLAGS = ../Gtk/libGtk.dll.a

  $ make

Now instead of undefined references to basic things like 'newSVMiscRef'
and 'SvMiscRef', I'm getting the following:

    Warning: resolving _pgtk_did_we_init_gtk by linking to
__imp__pgtk_did_we_init_gtk (auto-import)
    fu000001.o(.idata$3+0xc): undefined reference to `libGtk_dll_a_iname'
    nmth000000.o(.idata$4+0x0): undefined reference to
`_nm__pgtk_did_we_init_gtk'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    dllwrap: gcc exited with status 1

I don't know if these symbols are the only ones which are undefined, or
if they're just the first ones.  Do they look familiar to anyone?

Ok, is seems it exported all the functions, but not the data.
Can you try adding --export-all-symbols to the dlltool call?

I'm going to have to drop this for a week or two, as I'll be out of town.
If anyone else wants to pick it up, be my guest :)

Apologies for cluttering up the list with compilation issues if it is
not appropriate.

Nope, it's fine for me. Maybe this discussion will also lead to the port
to the GDI-based Gtk lib that some people ask from time to time.

lupus

lupus debian org                                     debian/rules
lupus ximian com                             Monkeys do it better