Re: Gtk::Gdk::Pixmap: load from PNG or JPEG file

On 11/19/01 Alvaro del Castillo wrote:
Hi Perl hackers,

I'm using a Gtk::DrawingArea and draw Gtk::Gdk::Pixmaps on it. This
works fine, so far. I initialize the Pixmap from a xpm file.

But xpm is a bad format to work with in real world szenarios, so I want
to load PNG or JPEG files. I checked the Gdk::Imlib reference
documentation and tried this:

I think that Imlib is an obsoleted library. Try GdkPixBuf better.

Well, that doesn't mean it should stop working:-)

    my $image = Gtk::Gdk::ImlibImage->load_image ($filename);
    my $gdk_pixmap = $image->copy_image;

But $gdk_pixmap is always undef. The same result with
$image->move_image.

You need to render the image to a pixmap before retrieving the pixmap:

        $image->render ($image->rgb_width, $image->rgb_height);
        $gdk_pixmap = $image->copy_image;

You may also use render() to scale the image, just provide the wanted
width and height.

lupus

lupus debian org                                     debian/rules
lupus ximian com                             Monkeys do it better