Re: Gtk-Perl on cygwin?

I've made progress.  I've got the basic Gtk-Perl test programs running
under Cygwin on Win2K.

I tried playing around with dllwrap (and ld2 and perlld).  The idea was to
get dllwrap to import symbols from the .def file created in the Gtk directory.

But by accident, I came across something that worked, and I don't know why.
 I changed the $(LD) line in each of the subcomponent Makefiles, removing
the $(LDFROM) argument:

  ---   LD_RUN_PATH="$(LD_RUN_PATH)" $(LD)  $(LDDLFLAGS) $(LDFROM)
$(OTHERLDFLAGS) -o $@ $(MYEXTLIB) $(PERL_ARCHIVE) $(LDLOADLIBS)
$(PERL_ARCHIVE_AFTER) $(EXPORT_LIST)

  +++   LD_RUN_PATH="$(LD_RUN_PATH)" $(LD)  $(LDDLFLAGS) $(OTHERLDFLAGS) -o
$@ $(MYEXTLIB) $(PERL_ARCHIVE) $(LDLOADLIBS) $(PERL_ARCHIVE_AFTER)
$(EXPORT_LIST)

Suddenly, things built and linked without errors.  Woohoo!  Just don't ask
me how or why.

The remaining issue is that I can't get GdkImlib tests to run - gdkimlib.pl
complains:

    Can't find 'boot_Gtk__Gtk__ImlibImage' symbol in
../../GdkImlib/blib/arch/auto/Gtk/Gdk/ImlibImage/ImlibImage.dll

Does anybody have any ideas on this?

I've started up a work-in-progress howto document containing all the steps
I took to get to this fine place:

    http://www.occamstoothbrush.com/perl/gtk-perl-cygwin-howto.txt

Michael

--