Re: How to access Window Manager protocol

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Laurent Besson wrote:

I'm quite new to Gtk-Perl and I was wondering how to get a window which
can't be closed by the window manager.

Look at the bottom paragraph of:

http://personal.riverusers.com/~swilhelm/gtkperl-tutorial/goodbyeworld.html

which briefly explains that if you attach a callback function to
"delete_event", and if that function returns a true value, the window
won't be closed.

However, programs like xkill send the "destroy" signal, which can be
intercepted if you want to do some cleanup, but you cannot prevent a
window from being destroyed.

Also take a look at the button example program available at:

http://personal.riverusers.com/~swilhelm/gtkperl-tutorial//button.html

Hope this helps.

--
Stephen Wilhelm