Re: Mozilla binding

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001 13:23:58 +0100, Paolo Molaro said:

On 01/27/01 Maher Awamy wrote:
 > Same results with http connections, I am using Mozilla from CVS - I was
 > suspecting the libs and linking at the end, when I change the order or add
 > -lpthread (necessary lib btw Paolo) then I get a seg sometimes too in unkown
 > addresses if I run it under the debugger, weird !

 Well, I don't get SEGV, though gdb gets confused when dealing with the
 threads...

If it gives you sig-user or something like that or sig-realtime - just type
continue

 Linking with pthread didn't change anything, but it helped me recall
 the problems a friend of mine had developing mod_dtcl (with threaded tcl)
 for an unthreaded apache: it segfaulted or acted weirdly anyway.
 So, first thing I tried compiling the module with a threaded perl
 and.... dada! it works.

I suspected that too :)

 The other option is to LD_PRELOAD the libpthread library: this way
 it works also for the normal unthreaded perl, but there are no
 promises this'll work in the future or for other platforms
 (it's up to the libc/libpthread/mozilla maintainers to fix it or break
 it more:-)...

 Anyway, happy Perl/Gtk/Mozilla hacking!

Cool, already hacked SkipStone in C - I thought about using GtkMozEmbed for
Pronto before and actually wrote bindings for it about 6 months ago or so but
discarded the idea immediately cause it uses 11mb of RAM !!!

Maher

 lupus