Re: [gtk-osx-users] New build system.

On Apr 17, 2019, at 8:16 AM, Pascal <p p14 orange fr> wrote:

Le 15 avr. 2019 à 11:53, Pascal <p p14 orange fr> a écrit :

Thanks John for the tip.

One remark on last gtk-osx-setup.sh:
lines 218-223: if XDG_CONFIG_HOME and $HOME/.config and $HOME/.jhbuildrc don't exist then config_dir and
jhbuildrc_file remain empty thats may be an issue lines 234 and 238.
Line 223 I would add:
     else mkdir $HOME/.config; config_dir="$HOME/.config";

Hello John, few more comments on gtk-osx-setup.sh:
I ran it with:
$ DEVROOT=$xnadainst PIP_CONFIG_DIR=$xnadainst/.config/pip XDG_CONFIG_HOME=$xnadainst/.config sh
gtk-osx-setup.sh
(xnadainst is set to my external volume)

- But I haven't pip in xnadainst then I've got this error:
.new_local/bin/pip: No such file or directory
My configuration is:
$ python --version
Python 2.7.10
$ python -m ensurepip --user
Ignoring indexes: https://pypi.python.org/simple
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): setuptools in /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): pip in /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages
==> this doesn't install pip

What is test line 88 "if test $mv -lt 9 ; then" for ?
I've changed it with 11, not sure it is correct.

- Later I got the error:
gtk-osx-setup.sh: line 241: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
I've added quotes.

- I've updated also the script name in comments line 3

- I've changed the BASEURL t to catch new jhbuildrc and jhbuildrc-custom.

I've made a pull request:
https://github.com/jralls/gtk-osx-build/pull/59

NB: I haven't made a fix for previous remark on the top of this message, what is your feedback?

Pascal,

I thought that curl -o would do the mkdir if necessary, but I haven't had a chance to test that yet.

The python version check has to do with the PIP SSL certificate. Supposedly ones older than 2.7.9 aren't
valid and ensurepip fails to connect. Maybe the Stackoverflow that came from is old and it's now 2.7.11 or
older has an invalid cert. What problem did you have with ensurepip?