Re: [gtk-osx-users] New build system.

Le 11 avr. 2019 à 22:57, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> a écrit :

On Apr 11, 2019, at 1:28 PM, Pascal <p p14 orange fr> wrote:

Hello John,

I haven't run yet jhbuild cause of some additional fixes:
- Fix some $HOME references.
- Fix test for .jhbuildrc file.
See last 2 commits of https://github.com/Blady-Com/gtk-osx-build/commits/proposal_01.

Having also some questions:
- is $HOME mandatory for PIP_CONFIG_DIR (line 48)?
- is $HOME mandatory for .jhbuildrc and .jhbuildrc-custom (lines 214, 219)?

For some reasons, I want to install all gtkosx stuff including building tools on an external volume (not
on my home volume). But .local and jhbuild folders are yet created in my $HOME.
How to do it properly?

You can put PIP_CONFIG_DIR anywhere you want, just set it before running gtk-osx-setup.sh, e.g.
  PIP_CONFIG_DIR=/Volumes/Development/pip_config gtk-osx-setup.sh
That works for all of the environment variables that are set with envvar().

$HOME/.jhbuildrc is hardcoded into jhbuild and jhbuildrc-custom is hardcoded into jhbuildrc, so you're
sort-of stuck with them. You can of course put the real files somewhere else and symlink them to $HOME. I
have a primary gtk-osx checkout and symlink jhbuildrc-gtk-osx from there to $HOME/.jhbuildrc and I keep my
.jhbuildrc-custom under version control on a local server to make it easy to share among my various macs
and VMs.

We *could* configure .jhbuildrc-custom's location with yet another environment variable, though I'm not too
sure that it would be very useful to do so.

Thanks John for your answer.
I was just wondering if the jhbuild home might be changed easily.

What about .jhbuildrc file test issue?
https://github.com/Blady-Com/gtk-osx-build/commit/233fefe51b865440df70646b52086e9079328de4

HTH, Pascal.
http://blady.pagesperso-orange.fr