Re: [gtk-osx-users] New build system.

Le 6 avr. 2019 à 16:55, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> a écrit :

On Apr 6, 2019, at 2:25 AM, Pascal <p p14 orange fr> wrote:

Hello,

I tried the new build system (https://github.com/jralls/gtk-osx-build/tree/pipenv) on macOS 10.13.6.
Here are first feedbacks.
Download https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jralls/gtk-osx-build/pipenv/gtk-osx-setup.sh.
Execute the following instructions:
$ DEVROOT=/Programmation/GIT sh ./gtk-osx-setup.sh
     PATH does not contain /Programmation/GIT/.new_local/bin. You probably want to fix that.
     DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your
Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for
Python 2.7.
     Uninstalling enum34-1.1.6:
       Successfully uninstalled enum34-1.1.6
     ./gtk-osx-setup.sh: line 202: pipenv: command not found

=*= I have make this modification (a pull request have been created):
-export PATH=$PYENV_ROOT/shims:$PATH
+export PATH=$PYENV_ROOT/shims:$DEVPREFIX/bin:$PATH

Then:
     question :
     Warning: Python 3.6 was not found on your system...
     Would you like us to install CPython 3.6.8 with pyenv? [Y/n]:

I answer "y".
=*= Is it mandatory?

Then I got:
      Warning: The Python you just installed is not available on your PATH, apparently.

=*= Is it mandatory?

Nevertheless, I add:
$ PATH=/Programmation/GIT/.new_local/bin:/Programmation/GIT/Source/pyenv/versions/3.6.8/bin:$PATH

My folders are now:
$ ls -a1
./
../
.DS_Store
.new_local/
DEVPREFIX/
DEV_SRC_ROOT/
PIP_CONFIG_DIR/
PYENV_ROOT/
PYTHONUSERBASE/
Source/
gtk-osx-setup.sh*

=*= Is it correct?

And now I can't get the next bootstrapping instructions clear for me.
=*= Should I run?
$ jhbuild bootstrap
or
$ jhbuild -m /path/to/gtk-osx/modulesets-stable/bootstrap.modules build meta-bootstrap

=*= Shouldn't be this path?
$DEVROOT/Source/jhbuild/modulesets/bootstrap.modules

Pascal,

Python 3 > 3.2 is mandatory, it's required for both meson and GObject-Introspection.

All of those folders with all-caps names (DEVPREFIX etc) shouldn't exist. Those are supposed to be
environment variables, not folders. Did you create them manually or did the script do that?

`jhbuild bootstrap` requires replacing the bootstrap.modules distributed with jhbuild with the gtk-osx
ones. It's a process I inherited when I took over gtk-osx from Richard Hult 10 years ago and I've never
liked it. Building meta-bootstrap from the gtk-osx modules explicitly avoids dirtying the jhbuild repo.

I think you'll have to do a two-stage build for your python2 project: Build everything that needs to be
introspected using the virtenv's python3 as python, then build python2 and whatever pure-python projects so
that you have the right environment for your program.

John,

Those folders were created by the script, I changed gtk-osx-setup.sh (also in pull request):
-        eval "mkdir -p $_varname"
+        mkdir -p "${!_varname}"

I run again the script and I was surprised to see additional installations.
It depends if you add python 3 path in PATH.
With only one run, the installation seems incomplete.

See attached log file.

HTH, Pascal.
http://blady.pagesperso-orange.fr