Re: [gtk-osx-users] Switching keyboard layouts with Alt+Cmd+Space

On 19/01/2014, at 09:44, Cody Russell <bratsche gnome org> wrote:

It seems like we want to change the way we do events so that rather than just emitting a signal to all
interested parts of the application, we emit a signal and get a response from the listeners that tells
whether they actually did anything in response to the signal.

I haven't investigated further to see if this can be done without breaking ABI.

It can go into master without regard for ABI. But you’re right, Gtk lacks the concept of a responder chain. A
GtkWidget has focus and either uses the event or doesn’t. If it doesn’t, the event is dropped.