Re: [gtk-osx-users] cups server issues

On Jun 7, 2013, at 9:07 AM, Alwyn Goodloe <agoodloe gmail com> wrote:

John,

   I'm hoping to hack my failure to install properly issue some over the weekend. Maybe it's best to remove the gtk-doc and gnome-doc-utils related modules and rerun  jhbuild bootstrap and  jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap  but experience tells me unless I know where all the files are placed it could leave my system in a worse state. If you have any pointers or suggestions what I might hack on feel free to pass them along.

Everything goes into the prefix and checkoutroot you set for your build, which by default is ~/gtk/inst and ~/gtk/src,
respectively. You might want to set tarballdir (in .jhbuildrc-custom) to somewhere and move all of the tarballs from ~/gtk/src to there, then delete everything in ~/gtk and start from scratch.

Run gtk-osx-build-setup.sh before you do anything else; that will ensure that you have the latest modulesets. Next retrieve
the following patch (open the link and save it to
~/Source/jhbuild/0001-Bug-700557-autoreconf-i-fails-in-cases-of-ltmain.sh-.patch )

Then
  cd ~/Source/jhbuild
  git am 0001-Bug-700557-autoreconf-i-fails-in-cases-of-ltmain.sh-.patch
  cd ~

Now you can run
  jhbuild bootstrap
  jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap

and build whatever other modules you need for your project.