Re: [gtk-osx-users] Trouble building meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap

On Oct 21, 2012, at 11:27 AM, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:

When you hit an error, you have to stop and resolve that error. Going on to the next module just means that you lack a dependency down the road and something else will fail. I guess you learned that.

Yes, that was clear. I didn't realize how many of the errors I was getting were dependency errors until I wrote it out.

I haven't seen the .gir issue before. The simplest way around that is to add
 append_autogenargs("pango", "--disable-introspection")
to your .jhbuildrc-custom. That will probably cause Gtk to fail because of missing the Pango .girs, so you should add
  append_autogenargs("gtk+", "--disable-introspection")
as well.

Worked like a charm. Once again, thanks. I ended up having to do the same thing for osmgpsmap, as I was trying to install gramps

I'm on the home stretch now, but I'm running into a few more hangups I can't find my way through as I try to build gramps.

First, when it tries to install zlib, I get the error: `cp: /usr/local/lib/libz.a: Permission denied.` I dropped into the shell and ran `sudo make install`. That seemed to work. (I also tried just temporarily making myself the owner to /usr/local/lib/, with less luck.) But later, when the system tries to configure WebKit, it fails because it can't find zlib. It suggests that I `consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you installed software in a non-standard prefix. Alternatively, you may set the environment variables ZLIB_CFLAGS and ZLIB_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config. See the pkg-config man page for more details.` But I couldn't quite parse that.

Second, while making graphviz, I get the following error:

Making all in gvc
  […]
  CC     gvc.lo
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `-lltdl', needed by `libgvc.la'.  Stop.

And finally, while configuring pyexiv2, I get: `/bin/sh: ./configure: No such file or directory.` And indeed, there is no configure file there. The install instructions for pyexiv2 have you run `scons` and `scons install` instead, so I tried dropping into the shell and running those, but was quickly met with a host of errors.

Thanks for any tips!

-- Brian