Re: [gtk-osx-users] Trouble building meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap

Thanks, John. That worked. You've been a tremendous help today.

Now, unfortunately, I'm hanging at a few points in trying to build meta-gtk-osx-core. Again, I'm building through the Gramps modules—i.e., with `jhbuild --moduleset=/Users/bhv/dev/gramps-mac/gramps.modules build meta-gtk-osx-core`.

The first thing to fail was freetype. Here was my error:

  "_main", referenced from:
      start in crt1.10.6.o
make: *** [objs/ftsystem.o] Error 1

Because I lacked freetype, fontconfig and pango didn't install either. And because pango didn't install, neither did gtk+. And because gtk+ didn't install, neither did gtk-mac-integration

As I mentioned earlier, I'm very new to all this. But I remembered seeing a note about certain architecture conflicts with XCode4 on the GTK-OSX build page, and though it didn't sound quite the same, I took a stab at running `export ARCHFLAGS="-arch x86_64 -arch i386"`, and then rebuilding the core.

This time, though at first it hung trying to build freetype again, I told it to wipe the directory and it ran through fine. So did fontconfig.  But I had trouble again when I got to pango. Here are the last few lines before it hung:

make  all-recursive
Making all in pango
make  all-recursive
Making all in opentype
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in mini-fribidi
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `PangoATSUI-1.0.gir', \
    needed by `PangoCairo-1.0.gir'.  Stop.
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

*** Error during phase build of pango: ########## \
    Error running make -k -C modules; make  *** [9/14]

This time, wiping the directory and starting again didn't help. And after pango failed, again, so did gtk+ and gtk-mac-integration

Any guidance on this one? Did I make a mistake in changing the architecture flags?

-- Brian