Re: [gtk-osx-users] PyGTK on Lion

On Oct 22, 2011, at 7:41 AM, John Ralls wrote:

On Oct 22, 2011, at 7:17 AM, Shrihari Sankaran wrote:

Looks like you have an unsatisfied dependency on pango. (I didn't know that pango had python bindings.)

The CGError is interesting. Do you get it if you just open a python shell (from inside a jhbuild shell, of course) and import gtk?

Yes. I get the same error (except the last 3 lines: ImportError, Fatal PYthon error and Abort trap) when I just import gtk from a python shell inside jhbuild shell.

Where's _RegisterApplication() come from?

It's not a part of my application's code. So, it's probably coming from gtk itself.

Did you build gtk-mac-integration again after you got pygtk going?

No, I didn't earlier. Now, I did "make && make install" from gtk/source/gtk-mac-integration-1.0.1. Still the error remains.

Am I building it the right way?

It seems that you've found a new bug, probably in pygtk. Try building with the 10.6 SDK. I'll have a look at pygtk and 10.7 next week.

I think I've worked out the problem here. There are three more instances of -export-symbols-regex that need to be changed to -export_symbol in pygtk-2.24.0/Makefile.