Re: [gtk-osx-users] PyGTK on Lion

On Oct 21, 2011, at 10:44 PM, Shrihari Sankaran wrote:

I did that. I edited that file and removed the _gtk.*. Then I ran "make && make install" from pygtk-2.24.0. Now, when I run the application, I get this:

/Users/gtk-osx/gtk/inst/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:40: RuntimeWarning: tp_compare didn't return -1 or -2 for exception
  from gtk import _gtk
ImportError: could not import pango
ImportError: could not import pango
(process:20928): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback 'C' locale.
Oct 22 11:12:14 Shriharis-MacBook-Air.local python[20928] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.
_RegisterApplication(), FAILED TO establish the default connection to the WindowServer, _CGSDefaultConnection() is NULL.
ImportError: cannot import name MenuShell from gtk
Fatal Python error: can't initialize module gtk_osxapplication:
Abort trap: 6

Did I miss anything here?

Looks like you have an unsatisfied dependency on pango. (I didn't know that pango had python bindings.)

The CGError is interesting. Do you get it if you just open a python shell (from inside a jhbuild shell, of course) and import gtk?

Where's _RegisterApplication() come from?

Did you build gtk-mac-integration again after you got pygtk going?