Re: [Gtk-osx-users] Are you using Enchant/GtkSpell using AppleSpell backend?

On Jun 22, 2011, at 12:18 AM, Dwayne Bailey wrote:

> On 2011-06-21 21:17, Eric Le Lay wrote:
>> Hi,
>> there is progress on the MacPorts front as well (I'm not involved in it
>> at all):
>> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2011-June/014999.html
>> Hopes this helps...
> That commit is from the person I've been working with from Abiword.
>
> I've picked up a bigger problem in my experiments.  Enchant loads
> modules for each spell checker provider, these seem to be hard coded to
> /Users/dev/gtk/inst/lib/enchant - so I need to check where it gets those
> and how we can make them relative.
>
> I guess because it doesn't go through the actual dynamic module loading
> we can't use any of the rewrite magic that is there when we load shared
> libraries.  Or am I wrong?

What code are you looking at? It appears to me that Enchant is using GModule (enchant.c line 1400 in 1.6.0), which on OSX wraps dlopen. But enchant_get_module_dirs() (enchant.c line 206) has a lengthy search routine for finding the modules. I don't see any hardcoding of paths.

I'll also note that I've not had any trouble bundling enchant into Gramps using the hunspell backend.